My second post on this blog was a huge list (thank God) of things I did in 2015. Keeping up with that, I started to write down all the things I did worth mentioning to share them with you guys.
Here it goes…
In 2016 I:
- Received the new year in Miami among family and friends. Then, we spent the first three days of the year in Orlando. I went to Magic Kingdom for the first time. Loved it.
- Went to Miami Beach and had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory.
- After returning to Dominican Republic, I got together with my college friends for homemade lasagna Amelia cooked for us. We also ate a lot of junk food and exchanged presents.
- Went out to dinner with highschool friends to celebrate Darwin’s birthday.
- Worked with Amelia and Laura to surprise our friend Natalie for her birthday. We showed up at her house a few hours before midnight so we could start celebrating with her.
- Went out to dinner with highschool friends to celebrate Marcela’s birthday.
- Spent the day with Mom and my brother in a house shopping mission.
- Handed out a hardcover copy of my final project of the master.
- Went out with highschool friends to a bar, because an old friend was visiting the country.
- Spent Valentine’s Day with my highschool friends at Mariam’s house, where we snacked on cool food and sweets.
- Posted my first serious entry to the blog. (You can check that out here.)
- Had lunch with Amelia on a random Saturday. We hung out for a bit afterwards.
- Went to dinner with Marcela and Nayelhi on a random Wednesday.
- Went to the movies with Natalie, Amelia, and Laura. We saw Deadpool.
- Went out with Amelia on a random Saturday. We ate desserts at La Dolcerie.
- Celebrated my Master’s Degree graduation with Amelia.
- On April 11, received the first free copy of a book to review on the blog.
- Had a taco night with the college friends at Heidi’s house.
- Signed up for a creative writing course at Chavón with Damarys, Scarlyn, and Teppy.
- Went to Dr. Ubiñas’ to start a diet plan to lose weight.
- Went to the opening night of Captain America: Civil War with friends and then with my family. You can check out my review of it here.
- Went away for a weekend with Amelia, Natalie and Laura.
- Went clubbing with my family for the first time. It was a really fun time.
- Went to the movies with Ciela to watch Captain America: Civil War for the third time.
- Voted for the first time.
- Went for lunch with Damarys, Teppy, Amelia, Scarlyn and Steph.
- Had a little farewell dinner for Scarlyn who’s now living in NYC.
- Had dinner with Marcela and Bruja.
- Had an early bday lunch with my family at Neptuno’s.
- Celebrated Mother’s Day and my birthday at El Conuco with my family.
- Went out to Beer Market to celebrate my brother’s 18th birthday and hang out with some friends.
- Had dinner at Tony Romas with my highschool friends.
- My family and I moved to our new apartment. It’s our Heaven.
- Went to Chayanne’s concert with my parents.
- Spent the day with my uncle and his wife while they visited the country.
- Went to the movies with my family to watch Now You See Me 2. It wasn’t as good, but we had fun.
- Went to Loretta’s for a birthday dinner for Nayelhi aka Bruja.
- Lost 30 pounds.
- Discovered Hamilton: An American Musical. This was important. Really. (You can read my post about it here.)
- Traveled to Miami with Amelia and we had a blast. We went to Universal in Orlando, to Key West, saw some sights and shopped till we dropped.
- Had a night out with Marcela and my Bruja to catch up after my trip.
- Had a night out with the #KoB crew. (Natalie, Laura and Amelia)
- Went away for the weekend with my family to celebrate my Mom’s birthday.
- Went to Ambar’s bday celebration.
- Spent a Sunday with Marcela and Bruja. Lunch and a movie night.
- Visited Ciela’s house on a random Saturday.
- Started an internship at Pages thanks to my friend Laura. And with that came the Pages Christmas party and several after-work outings that included baseball games, movie nights, hangouts at Laura’s house, etc.
- Went to a baseball game with my family when my uncle and his wife came to visit.
- Worked with Natalie and Laura to surprise our friend Amelia for her birthday. We showed up at her house a few hours before midnight so we could start celebrating with her.
- Had my highschool friends over at my house for a night in.
- Went to the movies with Ciela to see Dr. Strange.
- Got an interview via email with my favorite author Tiffany Reisz. (You can read that post here.)
- Went to the first runway show of Dominicana Moda with Damarys.
- Had the traditional Christmas dinner with my highschool friends.
- Went to Electric Paradise with good friends. The concert was okay, but the road trip was even better.
- Spent Nochebuena with my family and went to the movies with them on Christmas Day.
- Completed my reading challenge of 50 books. (You can read my favorites here.)
- Landed a job at Pagés BBDO as a Jr. Copywriter. I’m not an intern anymore.
- Ranged in 2017 with my family at our home. Laura and Amelia came afterwards to hang out.
If you’re still reading, thank you! This year was rough in the grand scheme of things, but on a personal level, it was really good. It was filled with new challenges and opportunities and cool moments that have become cherished memories.
Let’s see how 2017 compares. Hopefully it will be even better.
See you next post, xo.